Appcelerator Announces Explosive Growth in the Open Marketplace
Appcelerator Provides Largest Mobile Technology Ecosystem With Expanding Capabilities and Features for Enterprise and Consumer Apps
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., – October 22, 2012 – Appcelerator®, the leading mobile platform company, celebrates the one year anniversary of its Open Marketplace with continued strong growth, as evidenced by Appcelerator’s 300 third-party technology partners worldwide. Representing the largest number of innovative and emerging partners, the Open Marketplace equips the enterprise and developer community with a variety of leading-edge technologies that enable new mobile experiences.
The mobile landscape is evolving and changing at a rapid rate. Seizing the opportunity to leverage Appcelerator’s 350,000 mobile developer community, key partners fuel the ecosystem with ground-breaking technologies for the mobile frontier – spanning analytics, mobile ads, security, device management and more. The only way a next generation mobile application platform can keep pace with the rapid change in mobile is with the contribution of a massive, engaged ecosystem that can add to and enhance the platform and its reach. Appcelerator’s ecosystem gains a new module every two days and there are 3,500 new users every month.
“It’s been an amazing year of growth for Appcelerator and our partners as we constantly push each other to new heights,” said Sandeep Johri, chief operating officer for Appcelerator. “We share a deep passion for technology innovation, coupled with intellectual curiosity, to never stand pat and to always deliver the best possible resources to our developer community. Collectively, through our powerful ecosystem, we are transforming the mobile experience for enterprises and consumers alike.”
Appcelerator is proud to include several new partners in its ecosystem:
- AT&T – The addition of AT&T APIs will further differentiate the Titanium platform, empowering Appcelerator to bring new capabilities to market faster. Developers will have access to APIs on the AT&T API Platform, including those that enable speech-to-text transcription and in-app messaging.
- Apperian – Supports the complete Mobile App Management (MAM) lifecycle for securing, managing and deploying mobile apps to users in the enterprise.
- Centrify – Provides an integrated software and cloud-based solution that enables secure and audit access to on-premise and cloud-based systems, mobile devices, and applications by leveraging Microsoft Active Directory. From the data center to the cloud, more than 4,500 organizations, including 40 percent of the Fortune 50 and more than 60 federal agencies, rely on Centrify's identity consolidation.
- Scandit – This best-in-class barcode scanning technology, product data and analytics company enables developers to build quality mobile commerce, payment and enterprise solutions. Scandit is endorsed by the global barcode standardization organization as its preferred technology and used by hundreds of companies worldwide.
- OneTok – Features a natural language understanding (NLU) platform that provides mobile application developers the ability to add voice controls to existing mobile apps or build entirely new voice-driven apps using their SaaS platform.
- Wikitude – The creators of the world’s first mobile augmented reality (AR) platform and the company behind the internationally renowned Wikitude World Browser for iOS, Android, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices. The AR platform has been voted “Best Augmented Reality Browser” three years in a row: 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- mSIGNIA – Makes using mobile apps fast, easy and safe – “just a PIN and you’re IN” for a well-managed, frictionless mobile user experience that is FFIEC compliant. The patent-pending Dynamic Key Crypto validates the PIN and the user’s behavior, combining over 500 changing attributes from device, location and user customizations.
- Moasis – An intelligent location engine™ focusing on the intersection of location data and instant local delivery anywhere, all within one engine. Moasis simplifies hyper-local organization, delivery and analysis to mobile phones, tablets and beyond utilizing their propriety geo-grid™ logic.
- Neemware – Provides an in-app messaging and marketing platform that enables mobile businesses to engage with customers in real time.
- WeLink – A B2B company that provides a “Social Platform as a Service” for mobile, and supports a suite of plug and play SDKs to instantly create cross-platform native and HTML5 social components.
Appcelerator's Titanium is the leading open source mobile platform of choice for thousands of companies seizing the mobile opportunity. With more than 50,000 applications deployed on 80 million devices, Appcelerator's award-winning Titanium Platform leverages over 5,000 mobile device and operating system APIs to create native iOS and Android apps, and HTML5 mobile web apps. Customers who standardize on the Titanium Platform get to market 70 percent faster and can quickly optimize business results with analytics-driven insights into user behavior and app performance. Open and fully extensible, Titanium makes it easy to integrate data, content and services from a variety of sources into mobile applications to leverage best-of-breed capabilities. Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) provides instant social, location, communication and content features for user-centric mobility. Appcelerator's worldwide ecosystem includes 350,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and integration partners. Please visit http://www.appcelerator.com.
Appcelerator is a registered trademark of Appcelerator Inc. Appcelerator Titanium is a trademark of Appcelerator Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Appcelerator's Director of Public Releations
jasher <at> appcelerator <dot> come